Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Back from My Travels

Off we go

 You may have noticed if you read my blog that it hasn't been there for about 2 weeks. It wasn't that I didn't try to do it. I did . In fact for the first three days I did write a blog as we were travelling. 

There is no WiFi on the Amtrak trains unless you live on the east and west coastal areas of the USA. There is a small amount by the LA area but none that I could detect further north. I planned to write the blog add a photo or two and then when I found a Wi Fi connection, publish. We were travelling on the Texas Eagle and the Sunset Limited and then the Coast Starlight routes from Fort Worth through San Antonio then onto El Paso and Tucson . After that a trip up the Californian coast to Selinas before heading into Monterey
View of the Arizona Desert

I took my ASUS tablet with me, downloaded the Blogger application wrote the 3 posts . Then I found I could not add a photo. So I saved them . A weird thing happened.Even though I was on the same site the posts could not be published so that was all wasted effort.

The view from the train


Now even though I am home and using my regular laptop the vanishing posts do not appear anywhere so all I can think is that Blogger is definitely a very peculiar program. So I will continue on my daily blogs but may look into using another program that is a bit user friendly for both tablets and laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment