Friday, August 30, 2013

The Seaside beach

The Seaside beach


One of my English friends asked me which seaside we went to on our vacation.
In England the seaside refers to any beach by the sea so I can understand her inquiry.
I told her that the name of the town was Seaside and wasn't that a lovely name. It really makes you want to visit when you are sitting in Texas and the temperature is hitting 104 degrees. The other city close by is Sand City. Another interesting name but not quite so welcoming at Seaside.
When we visited the lovely beach at Seaside , California close to Monterey it was about 70 degrees.
The morning beach/sea mist had not completely disappeared and a slight breeze was blowing. The only other people we saw on the beach was a couple walking their dogs. They were soon lost in the mist.


Lots of birds were there looking for breakfast and anything that had been washed up in the tide. They were mostly seagulls and I could see they were thinking, “Now here's another pair of people to disturb us.”



We walked along the beach on the damp sand in bare feet and I thought this really makes for a great vacation. I am very pleased we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment