Friday, August 9, 2013

The Painted Bunting

The beautiful painted bunting

This little bird is not often seen in my garden but it does come to North Texas.In fact they often come in flocks but whether they are passing through or are native birds that stay here all year round I don't know
My friend Kathy has a bird feeder just outside the window of her dining room and she managed to take this wonderful photo of colorful bird when it came to visit. The colors remind me of a Van Gogh painting and I am really wanting to try my hand at painting it's portrait.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird, would be a delightful painting challenge using loose strokes.
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought bunting was flags! this little bird is quite incredible, so many colours.
    that looks difficult to paint but worth it.

    ReplyDelete