Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playing Sudoku


Sudoku

For anyone who is not aware of Sudoku yet, you have to know it's a number game, akin to a puzzle type crossword game using numbers. There are 9 squares each with nine numbers 1-9 and some of the numbers are missing and the job of the puzzler is to figure out the missing numbers.
Mike looking at the game on the pad

When it first came out about a year or so ago , I tried it and soon gave up even when I started on the very easy beginner section. Mike however did not and soon he was sitting engrossed in the puzzle. He likes Free Cell the computer card game as well but quickly Sudoku became his favorite leisure occupation. He has books of Sudoku and not only does he do them but he keeps the time on each one and if he gets stuck on a solution will work at it until eventually he gets it . Only 2 have defeated him so far and he has done literally hundreds by now. As a back up he will always call Joe or Sally as they too are great Sudoku players.
I think you have to have a very logical mind that works in a very specific way so that's me out but suits Mike fine and he gets great pleasure in finding all the answers.

On my new ASUS 300 pad ( no, I do not have an I Pad) there is an app to play Sudoku so I have started again to see if I have the skill ( and patience) to play when I can just tap squares. This is a lot easier than writing numbers with a pencil and then erasing them. The game makes it easy enough for beginners like me. Any number in the wrong place gets a red line drawn through it so you can't get too far off track. Plus there is an eraser to wipe out a wrong number. So far so good but I can't see me sitting for very long doing it.
Cartoon from the Argyle Sweater  day calendar
I'd rather read a book.!!

1 comment:

  1. I also had the same app! Hahaha, But I only got it like thrice. Well, ever since I got my Asus tablet, I've been downloading loads of games and apps. Good thing it can keep up with my downloading craze. - Betty

    ReplyDelete