Monday, February 18, 2013

The Mountain Diminishes (sort of)


The Mountain Diminishes ( but not by much !!)
A continuing tale
If you read my plog on the Mountain of wood chip that I have in my yard , I bet some of you are wondering why we have so much. My fault. I did tell the woodcutter to leave me some chips for the yard then forgot about keeping my eye on things and then when I looked again there was the mountain.

Anyhow Mike and I ( mostly Mike) have now moved 32 wheelbarrow loads of chips to make a garden path. The path will eventually stretch from the front deck and wind around the flowerbeds and then back over to the front gate. It looks fine and we will have a lot less grass to keep cut and watered. Plus it is environmentally sound and hopefully will not all float away if we get a gully-washer rainstorm.


If you look really hard , you can see the pile is getting smaller as least we think so.
We haven't figured out what to do with the remainder of the pile we will have over when we finish the paths. If you have suggestions let me know or if you want any come and get it.
I did suggest a wood chip parking area but that was turned down.
I guess it will be more paths around the back and side of the house or mulching every bush and tree we have.
I hope our backs and arms are up to the challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing pile of wood chips, A very resourceful way to
    make a path. A good way to get fit and ready for the year too. I couldn't
    see if you have any spring flowers up yet? I bet the pets will enjoy
    a roll around the wood chips when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete