Friday, January 25, 2013

75 years and still going...


My daughter in law Laura told me now you are ¾ of a century old and sometimes I actually feel it but today on my 75th birthday I am feeling pretty good. I feel almost like I did when I was about 52. It's strange that even though the number of years go up and your body changes shape and form, inside your mind, you don't feel any different than you did at any other earlier time of your life.

My brother in law, Terry Challis, a very gifted artist and cartoonist, sent me this cartoon on one of my birthdays .I think it was when I ws 65 . he joked that he saw me as this old lady living in Texas and maybe I am like that. I thought it was very clever especially as he had never been to Texas.


I know I'm getting older because my hair is getting this silvery gray shade but it's kind of nice to be told, as I was recently” I really like the color of your hair this time” by a person who thought I'd had just had it colored. Now that made me feel like I was in my 40s again.

I know I'm getting older because I can't walk so far or so fast anymore but when I hear music from the 60s I feel 30 again.it's amazing how some tunes can make you feel young

And so does remembering old friends and things that have happened over the years.
All in all, my first 75 years has been pretty good and  I hope my next 1/4 of a century will be equally as good. I am very grateful to be able to remember all the people that have helped me reach this age.

This is what I wrote on this day last year on my other blog. Check it out if you want to.

Nothing much has changed so I'll use the same lines again.

So the sun is out,( not yet rather damp this morning) it’s a lovely day in Texas, I shall spend the rest of the day, pottering around, and then have a lovely dinner with my best friend, my husband  Mike at a favorite restaurant. We will talk and laugh and have a GOOD time. A great way to spend a birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice mum, and by the way..."I love you".

    - Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you got royally treated and maybe dessert to finish your evening off Babs

    ReplyDelete