Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Last Child


I find time every week to read at least one book. It is one of the treasures of life that you have ,if you can read because the amount of varied material out there is endless. I thank my great Aunt Ada for introducing me to libraries when I first started to read. I just couldn't believe at that time when money and books were so scarce that they would let me choose 3 books to take home to read. Bliss!

Maybe that's why I became a teacher who spent a lot of the time teaching young children to read. Nothing can be more wonderful than seeing a small child after you have taught the basics of reading and practiced for a while, suddenly to see in their eyes that they too can read just like their mom and dad. It is a great gift for both teacher and child.

Anyhow, the book I was reading this week was a mystery/detective novel called “ The Last Child” by John Hart.( 2009) It tells the story of a young boy whose twin sister goes missing and the lengths he goes to discover what happened to her. But it is so much more than a simple story. The plot weaves in and out and you never guess the conclusion until the last page. Very readable .-a book you can't put down. Just the kind I like.

1 comment:

  1. Agree 100% regarding reading, I average about a book a week, and have to thank my parents and teachers, and Preston Harris Library for that.
    I shall try John Hart, looks like an interesting author
    John

    ReplyDelete