Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ghosts, Pumpkins, Skeletons and Graves. Oh My!!

Ghosts, Pumpkins, Skeletons and Graves, Oh My!!



I read somewhere that decorating for Halloween now is far more popular that decorating for Christmas. 
In my area , mostly rural and with few younger children  there is only the occasional decoration to be seen for either holiday. That's a shame.

We have friends that live in a more suburban area and you just know Halloween is by far their favorite holiday because people will come from far to see their yard and house decorations. I asked how this came about as their kids now have kids of their own and live far away. It seems the family always decorated when their kids were young and there were lots of other small children living in the area. Every year they just kept on buying more decorations and decorating every year and now the young kids that used to come visit,have grown up and bring their kids to get a treat and to see the flying ghosts and skeletons and gravestones cropping up in the yard.It's like a Halloween reunion.


I especially liked the epitaphs on the gravestones when I went past to pay a visit.

1 comment: