Monday, October 28, 2013

Shirley as Minnie Mouse

Shirley as Minnie Mouse  



I was looking back at photos I have had taken in the past years and this seemed like a good one. I remember it well as a very young Ashleye was either living close by or even at our house and wanted to be Minnie Mouse. Somehow or other I managed to help put together a costume for her. I am not good as sewing but somehow I managed to make it and she looked really cute.
At that time I was helping Meals on Wheels in Roanoke , delivering meals to the elderly and shut-ins. Every Wednesday there was a pot luck lunch at the Roanoke Senior center. And I would go there to help as well.

So that year having figured out a costume for Minnie Mouse I decided I would make a similar costume for myself and dress up to surprise all the Seniors. It was great fun to do.

Some didn't even recognize me when I went through the door.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Shirley, looked like you are enjoying that a lot!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great...never would have known it is you!

    ReplyDelete