Monday, October 7, 2013

Simple explanations.


I'm disagreeing with Einstein on this thought. Not sure I am allowed to do that but I think its far more complicated than this.

I am sure the winners of today's 2013 Nobel Prize in medicine prize in Stockholm all know their subject very well , indeed ,inside and out. Now whether they also have the ability to make anyone else understand it will depend so much on their other skill of understanding people and their ability to communicate their knowledge. I am sure if they were to explain it to other scientific folk they would have no trouble.. The real skill of passing on their knowledge would be if they could make non scientific people understand.

I bet everyone has had a teacher at sometime in their life who knew their subject but had no idea on how to pass on that knowledge to their students.

When I saw this video that as going around the internet to explain the original thoughts by Stephen Hawkins” http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/09/25/stephen-hawking-made-simple-animation/ I found it so interesting. It was done in a simple way so that I had some idea now what black holes etc etc meant.


Not sure I can get my mind around it or even believe it but at least it was made simple enough to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment