Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Slinky


I wonder if anyone remembers this very entertaining toy. The creepy crawly SLINKY.
I know at one time both my boys had one and I vaguely think we bought them for Christmas one year. They were so popular and especially so if you had some steps or stairs to let the toy make it's own way down.If you didn't have stairs you made them or used your hands to make the steps.


 It was inexpensive and really fascination to watch. I even remember getting an old one out some time after the popularity of the toy had passed to play with a puppy ( or was it a kitten?) who enjoyed it just as much as we all did.
I found out that it was invented in 1943 by an engineer who accidentally dropped a tensile spring on the ground and realized it's possibilities as a toy.

This blog was triggered by a page from www.wired .com which I sometimes read.
It brought back lots of memories.



See which ones you remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment