Thursday, October 17, 2013

Now where did I put that?


Occasionally I lose something. That's not true . OFTEN I lose something. Today I lost my watch. It's a special tick- a -tick Timex with an oversize face so I can see it better just by glancing down at it. It isn't glamorous. It's not a fashion statement.Just an ordinary watch.

It was very inexpensive and I really like this watch. So much so that when It stopped I thought it needed a new battery . When Mike asked for one at the store , the assistant said it would be cheaper to buy a new one. So he did.
When he came home he was looking at the old one and fiddled with the winder on the side and lo and behold it started again. I had pulled the winder out which stopped the watch. So I still have my old watch and a spare new one in the drawer.
Anyhow that's not what I'm writing about today.

I had put my watch in my bedside table drawer to keep it safe when I wasn't wearing it. I got it out today to wear and put it down somewhere. I thought I had put it in my purse but when I looked for it it wasn't there. I since have looked everywhere but still can't find it. I even looked in the bedside table drawer in case I only thought I'd taken it out of there but it wasn't there either.

I sure hope it turns up soon. I really miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment