Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time for a Change

Time for a Change  


So today while I was thinking of what could I wear for Halloween and looking at all the clothes hanging in my cupboard I decided while I was looking , I might as well sort out the old stuff, the stuff that didn't fit anymore and the stuff that I wouldn't wear until next summer.

I can't believe I have so many clothes that I haven't worn for ages or that don't fit anymore. Passing quickly over the odd dress or jacket or shoes that I keep for sentimental reasons ie. the dusty shoes I wore at my wedding- the dress I wore for a Granddaughter's wedding etc. I realized that just this last year my body shape has changed. For years I have been almost the same weight and size so my clothes I kept for ever it seems. I don't care for clothes shopping so would put off buying new things just because I don't much care to do it.

Now I have lost some weight , no, not much but it's made a difference and also I have shrunk about 2 inches . Again not much but most of my pants now are too loose or too long.The weight might return around my waist but I certainly am not going to get taller again.

So keeping at it and not getting cowardly, I went through all the clothes and ended up with a pile to throw away, a pile to hang elsewhere in the house until next summer and then a much  bigger pile to take to the thrift store.

I forgot the original plan was to find something to wear for Halloween.

Oh well I'll do that at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. To dress like a Witch or a Nun - always a difficult decision at Hallowe'en!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, sorry havent seen the blog too much, sick with a Virus feeling awful
    will catch up soon .

    ReplyDelete