Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Signs of Autumn #2

Signs of Autumn


Autumn is here but the weather , which I thought had changed, has reverted to hot and humid again. Maybe next week after the drop in temperature again we expect at the weekend, Autumn will continue.
Meanwhile here are some photos I took of the toadstools that seem to pop up over night under the trees in the leaf mold. When they first appear they are so delicate looking and I love the creamy beige colors. These were growing last week but by now they have all faded away to become a brown mush in the ground.




I'm glad this time they appeared under the trees and not in the flower beds. I read somewhere that if they appear they do no harm but are a sign of a rich soil so I guess I should be happy about seeing them!!


Meanwhile check out this lovely video at youtube.Toadstools and Painting.
Makes me feel inspired again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment