Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Daddy Came to Visit

A daddy came to visit


There he was sitting on the wall behind my computer a big gangly legged monster.
He had this tiny body not more than the size of a pea and just enormous legs. He sat there all day long. Didn't twitch, move a leg, not any leg and didn't eat although I told him there were plenty of spiders around as well as my arch enemies- grasshoppers.which he would be doing me a favor if he could go outside and kill a few of them.
Yes he is a Daddy Longlegs. Well that's what I originally thought. Also I thought that was very appropriate as it was Fathers Day. It was not until I did a bit of research that I found out he wasn't actually a daddy longlegs at all. He was a harvestmen and not even a spider. Harvestmen are arachnids. Very similar .



He still had enormous long legs and I didn't fancy trying to pick him up and put him outside or do what most people would do, squash him with a rolled up newspaper. So I went out for lunch with the family and my long egged visitor had gone when I came back. Where to it's anyone’s guess but I hope he took my words of catching grasshoppers to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment