Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lost Dog Alert.

Lost Dog Alert.
Bud FOUND

So Saturday night a big storm with very loud thunder and heavy rain came through our area. We didn't worry about it as we really need the rain.
When I got up to make coffee I saw that Mocha, the brown lab came to greet me but there was no sign of big Bud. The German shepherd mix It was still raining and as I know that Bud hates getting wet, I wondered where he was. I called -, no Bud. I decided he must have braved the weather and gone out in the yard.
We had our coffee and after a while, we got up and I decided to delay my walk as the weather still looked cloudy. Looked all over the house and called for Bud again. No Bud.
So off I went to look around the yard. It was very wet but I looked under the trees and bushes, in the workshop, in the barn, in the garden, behind the barn , on the front porch, Then I checked the fence and gate just in case it had blown open. No everything was fine . Still no Bud.
Mike joined in the hunt and he went round again I went inside and opened all the doors again still calling Bud's name. I began to think he must have jumped the fence or been stolen. Should I call the police?
Then I decided to have one more look upstairs in the bedrooms. One bedroom I had missed when I first looked as that is the guest bedroom which we keep shut so the pets can't go in. I opened the door and out came Bud.
He was quite unconcerned and he hadn't barked or made a sound all the time we had been looking for him. I couldn't believe it.

Still I'm ver glad he wasn't lost!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes dogs can be a worry, I wonder if he didn't come out
    thinking he would in trouble? lovely looking Pet he looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete