Friday, June 28, 2013

Are cats mind- readers?

Are cats mind- readers?
Briana has the "knowing look" in her eyes.

I am beginning to think this is true. With my cats it seems I just think of something and they get the message.
We know it happens with the dogs. We don't take them for many walks to the park, maybe once a week or so, but they look forward to it even in this miserable weather. So as we sit in bed making plans for the day I say, “Ok let get up and walk the dogs today before breakfast”. Almost immediately we hear the dogs rushing about getting all excited outside the bedroom door at the prospect of a walk.
Now the cats are even craftier. Every year we take them to the local vet clinic to get their rabies shot, a requirement in our area. The dogs are fine to go although I guess they think we are off to the park but anywhere is fun for dogs as they get to see a lot of new doggy friends at the clinic plus there's all those new smells.

So does Miss Tabs

Not so the cats. We have to plan this event days in advance. We only take 2 cats at a time so catching the inside cats is no problem. They don't catch the thought process and that trip goes well.
The other 2 cats , the knowing ones who spend a lot of time outdoors just know when we are thinking of catching them. I even put the carriers away inside the house so they don't get a clue. I'll catch them when I put the morning food outside . They always come for that and are usually waiting by the door.
Unfortunately they have read my mind yet again so no cats show up. It's not until much later I see one and then the other and by that time the clinic will be closed so it's not going to happen today.
I'll try again next week.

I just know they are reading my mind.

1 comment:

  1. So true a out cats, even before I know the time in the morning
    Phoebe knows the time and starts her morning meow and she"s
    always right.

    Dunny about your outdoor ones bet they are hoping you will
    put some food out and eat it before you can catch them!

    ReplyDelete