Tuesday, June 25, 2013

An Interesting Plant

An Interesting Plant  


So last year when Mike and I visited the Wild Flower Seed nursery in Fredricksburg we were browsing in the herb garden and I saw a herb that I had never seen before and besides which, I didn't realize was a herb.
It was a subtle gray green color with spiky dried looking leaves and not very large. I had to have it. So I bought it and planted it in my garden and then watched it grow. And grow it did. By this spring it is a healthy bush and not only that it suddenly produced lovely bushy yellow flowers.
So what is it?
It is a curry plant. You can tell that because anytime the wind blows across it you catch that same smell you will find in an Indian restaurant- spicy and fragrant.
I haven't got Mike to cook with yet as we aren't sure if you use the leaves or the seeds because as the flowers die off I can see seeds forming.
One day I'll finally do some research on it and then I'll let you know.
Meanwhile we will just enjoy it.

The great thing is the grasshoppers don't like it!!

1 comment: