Sunday, June 30, 2013

The wonderful exotic hibiscus

The wonderful exotic hibiscus


I have tried many times to grow a hibiscus plant in my garden but can't seem to do it successfully.
When I saw the beautiful flowers that Sonya was growing in her garden in the Woodlands in South Texas I was very envious. I do realize that the climate is better suited to these lovely flowers.
So I set out to paint a copy of the photo that Sonya took and here it is.
I played with it when I had finished and added different frames using my computer paint program
That was interesting to do. It really matters which frame you put on a painting as it brings out certain colors.



Maybe I can get Mike to make a real frame for it to see how it would really look.

1 comment:

  1. Hi painting white flowers are difficult,I guess that's where a lot of
    squinting has to be done, It's certainly makes a difference to the
    picture brings it out and shows it very well

    ReplyDelete