Friday, June 21, 2013

Goodbye Spring , Hello Summer

Goodbye Spring , Hello Summer  


So today is June 21 the last day of Spring and I shall be sad to see it go. This has been a lovely Spring with lots of beautiful flowers in my yard, no major problem in health or otherwise, the weather has been quite temperate and we have not had any really big storms to worry about. We have been very lucky when we see what has been happening in other parts of the country. One small regret, we never did get away for a Spring break. We had planned to spend a few days away and see some more of Texas but never quite got it together.
I have done a lot more paintings, read fewer books but the good news is I have managed to keep up this daily blog. I am now up to #165  so nearly halfway through my yearly challenge.Thanks for reading and commenting. It helps me to keep on going.
The painting I selected today shows my flowers in Spring. Sadly most have now gone but hopefully have left a scattering of seed to bloom again next year.


1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration Shirley!
    Congrats on 165 blogs that is discipline and dedication!
    I'm always confused with "first day of Summer" much prefer "midsummers Day"
    John

    ReplyDelete