Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lunch - The Ultimate Paella

Lunch - The Ultimate Paella


A few weeks ago when our friend Ros was over here she asked if we liked crayfish or crawdads as Mike calls them. Mike said “yes “. I said “maybe”, having not remembered if I had ever had them.
So today she brought some over to us for Mike to add to his Ultimate Paella recipe. We had had paella before, once in Spain and once when Mike had made it It's basically a mix with a selection of meat or fish which is cooked in a bed of rice colored with saffron. This recipe Mike used was ingredient rich. It had 16 ingredients. I guess that's why it's called the ultimate paella. I know as well as the crawfish there was chicken, chorizo sausage, shrimp as well as a number of spices and veggies. It looked great and tasted excellent. 
Ready for lunch


It takes a while to cook but that was ok. I guess when you are making one of these paella dishes you can choose your own meats or fish or probably use just veggies. It comes out rather like a well cooked gumbo or stew .
Mike served it with a Yellow Tail chardonnay white Casella wine which was just right for the meal. It was very light and refreshing.


I always like these Yellow Tail wines and especially their logo which is a hopping kangaroo because they are Australian wines.
This one that you can see by my very poor and blurry photo is red and orange .I guess they chose those colors to denote the hot climate.
I guess if you drank the whole bottle the kanga might look like my photo!!.
Great lunch, nice company.
We will have to do this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment