Monday, June 10, 2013

Guitar Man and Girl friend

Guitar Man and girlfriend


I have only to look at this tile which hangs in my hallway to remember the 60s.
It was a time when every young man and sometime ladies as well wanted to play the guitar. Folk singers were very popular and all the start up bands had at least one guitar player and sometimes two. Mike and many of his friends all had guitars and they would get together and play all kinds of tunes. As I remember some friends were a lot better at it than others. One friend called Ray that often came to these musical get- togethers was exceptional. He could REALLY play and it seemed effortless to him. I often wonder what happened to him in later life.

When we found this tile we had to have it. It shows a man with a beard ( fashionable)and also the very heavy sweaters that were really popular at the time. Mike could have modeled for the artist. The girl has long hair , a must for the time, listening to tunes on the guitar. I think we bought it before we got married but it is one of the things much treasured in our house.
Makes me remember being young.

2 comments:

  1. A great memory of the 60's even better when you have a plaque
    to take you back to that time, traditional music was popular too
    was the thing in Bristol. I guess we were all lucky back in the day.
    more of the get togethers and. Ot so much techno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mike like that! What a lovely piece of nostalgia , all you need is someone playing bongoes.
    John

    ReplyDelete