Saturday, June 22, 2013

June's painting challenge

June's painting challenge
The original challenge


The painting challenge this month on “paintanddrawtogether “ was a photo of a metallic goblet with cherries.
I tried it in watercolor and wasn't too pleased with my attempt mainly because the background just didn't look right. So I made another painting but this time in acrylic paints where I can paint heavy paint and thought that would be better . When I had finished I didn't like this one either very much. The goblet looked out of proportion. Maybe I just didn't like the subject matter very much either although I just LOVE cherries!!

Water color on left and acrylic on right


Here you are you can see all the paintings.http://paintanddrawtogether.blogspot.com/ There were some really fabulous one painted by the other artists. Visit and check them out. So interesting to see the different approaches people use.

1 comment:

  1. The water color one looks darker, and the cherries are placed better, but there are a lot of "haloes" around them.
    You can manage both mediums very well!
    john

    ReplyDelete