Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beach Portrait Painting

Beach Portrait Painting
My attempt at the challenge painting

The challenge painting this month was a lovely lady . When I first saw the photo that had to be painted I thought “Oh no, I can't paint figures and look at that complicated background!” So I decided to put the lady on a beach background.That made it a lot easier.

The original photo painting challenge

The figure was hard to sketch but really not difficult to paint.I chose watercolor this time as there were a lot of fiddly bits to this painting.The face and hat in the deep shadow was the most difficult. Mike thinks there is something also  wrong with the horizon of the sea as well and he might be right. I enjoyed doing this painting and I think I am getting slightly better as well.All these challenges may be seen also at http://paintanddrawtogether.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Wow Shirley, You really have this one down pat, I sure wouldn't
    habemtackled this one! really good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a medal, for even attempting this, for using watercolour, and for succeeding!
    Skin tones are so complicated, getting the lights light and the darks not muddy is very difficult for me.
    Well done Shirley!
    John

    ReplyDelete