Sunday, September 15, 2013

Changing out the Firescreen

Changing out the Firescreen
New painting of Beach Cove


I am tired of my original painting that I made for my fire screen. It was okay but a change is as good as a rest I think. O I set to and Painted a scene form my latest vacation at Monterey.It is pretty large -2.5ft by approx 2feet all on a very bumpy piece of wood . I did prepare the surface by slapping on a couple of coats of gesso and then went at it with thick acrylic paint.

Old painting ,sunlit pool in snow

It was a challenge as the original photo was very gray looking and I wanted something brighter. Not sure I really like how it came out.

I might have to find another piece of wood I think

1 comment:

  1. Lovely way to get more from a photo and enjoy it through the year
    fire screens. Ome in handy! Inthink you enjoyed painting it,looks good.

    ReplyDelete