Sunday, September 8, 2013

Remembering “Blanko”

Remembering “Blanko”
A lot cleaner than they were!
Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do for a long time. Clean my running shoes. When I say running shoes , I never actually run anywhere in them but I guess these days they are called athletic shoes .This kind of footwear has many many names.( I think I wrote a blog on that once!)
I finally have found a pair that I really like Avia Archrockers.They have an enlarged padded innersole and even came with a video to explain how beneficial they are. Once you get used to them I really think they help your feet and leg muscles.
Now my pair are getting old and I have looked all over to find a new pair with no luck. I thought I would clean them as they were looking grungy because I do sometimes forget and wear them when I do gardening. I thought about putting them in the washing machine but I haven't had a lot of success with that method in the past as they get really squashed out of shape. So I set too with some Fantastic cleaner and a little scrubbing brush and worked hard to get them to look fresh and clean again. I did as best as I could and then put them out in the sun to dry.
I remembered in “the good old days” we used to use Blanco to keep our shoes ( plimsolls) looking clean and white. This was like a thick white paste that you painted all over the shoe. I bet it's not even sold now. It certainly did the trick.

In those days you looked after your shoes. You did not go out and by new ones.
PS. I just looked Blanko up on the web and in fact you can still buy it. What a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Hi you mentioned the many names for this type of foot wear
    we called them Daps! no idea why.

    ReplyDelete