Monday, September 16, 2013

Horse painting

Horse painting
my painting
I have 2 friends who specialize in painting pictures of horses and do a great job.See their paintings here http://bradburyjb.blogspot.com/
Horses are such beautiful creatures that they really make you want to paint them and take photos of them or even just look at them.

So I saw this photo of a horse and I really thought it was such an an interesting and unusual shot and just wondered if I could paint it. I have painted dogs and cats before but I think horses are much more challenging.

So I got my water color paints out and had a go. It was difficult especially the legs but I imagine that is always the trouble with getting proportions right on a horse as they have such robust bodies on delicate legs so It's difficult to make them look right.

1 comment:


  1. Talk about great minds think alike! I am just finishing up the very
    same horse, John took the photo at Palgrave like you said a different
    position to paint. and OH those legs!

    ReplyDelete