Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Binky's Life Change

Binky's Life Change


I heard over the weekend that for one dog ( Binky) her life did get changed forever..
I had been watching this little cocker spaniel mix at the shelter and she was such a sweet little thing that I felt for sure her owner would come and pick her up.A couple of weeks passed and Binky was still there. 

Binky
I had a phone call from the shelter worker to take Binky off the adoption listings as she had developed kennel cough. Usually when a dog gets kennel cough at the shelter it means that they will be euthanized as no one will adopt a dog with a cough. It can be cured with medication but it takes a while . I was very sad for Binky.

I went over to the shelter about a month later to take some more photos and to my surprise in one of the back runs was Binky. She seemed to have lost some weight but there was no sign of a cough and even better, she was going on the adoption list again almost 2 months after she had come in.


I took some more photos and rewrote a description to personalise and show this sweet little dog to the best advantage hoping that this time she would find a new loving home. 
The great news is by the weekend I heard she had been adopted to a lovely family .So in this case the saying above did come true.
I do wish it could come true for lots more.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh good I thought that was going to be a sad story but,
    it couldn't be better, she is a sweet dog and deserves a home.

    ReplyDelete