Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Now I can read E books!!

Now I can read E books!!


If you read my blogs from time to time you know that I love to read and average reading between one or two books each week.

When I got my tablet I was looking forward to being able to read an E book I knew my library had a service that I could join which was just like a regular library. You just borrow the book for a certain time
.
A while ago I tried to set this up to read on my lap top but it seemed too complicated and also not a very pleasant way to read sitting at a desk or with a computer balanced on your lap.
 Now with my tablet this should be a lot better .I can sit on the couch or even read in bed. So today I took the plunge and went into the library and a very helpful librarian, walked me through all the steps and within minutes there was a book waiting to be heard on my tablet. Yes I said heard because you can order audio books as well. I ordered A Reluctant Queen from the list that appeared really just to see how it worked. Normally I would read through the synopsis to see if it was a book I wanted.I'll let you know later how this worked out and if it is a god book to listen to or ro read.

When I got home I tried it out and it worked just fine and I spent a pleasant hour after lunch just listening to the start of a story of Esther ( of Biblical fame ).

I also downloaded 2 other books which are regular books and soon I shall see how they work. It will be very nice to be able to enlarge the font size as well as it seems to me books are being printed in very small print these days especially paperbacks.

Or maybe I am just getting older.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about print size getting smaller, the local magazines here are getting so that only teenagers can read them but the articles are written for us old codgers!
    Enjoy e-reading, I bought a Kobo last October and haven't read a printed book since, I upgraded to an mIni IPad and that is wonderful!
    JOhn

    ReplyDelete