Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hush Now Don't You Cry by Rhys Bowen


Hush Now Don't you cry by Rhys Bowen


I'd like to call this my book of the week but with all the gardening I have been doing I have had little time to read as this book took almost 2 weeks to read.

It is obviously one book in the Molly Malone Mystery series although I didn't know that when I picked it up in the library.
Molly Malone is a lady detective working around the 1900s when It was not usual for ladies to work and especially not to be a detective. In this book Molly has recently been married to a police detective and they are on honeymoon in Newport , Rhode Island. They are staying at one of the cottages, actually a very large house or mansion invited there by the owner a very rich and powerful tycoon. The mystery develops when the owner is murdered. The husband get sick and so you can guess who solves this very intriguing mystery - Molly Malone.
This was interesting to read as it had lots of historical details as well as a good mystery in the style of Agatha Christie. Very readable and I never guessed who did it either!!

I will probably check out other books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment