Monday, March 18, 2013

The Mountain is NO More!

NOW

The Mountain is NO More!  

After a herculean effort I can finally say the mountain is no more. If you have been following this story about our huge pile of wood chips and the way we have been moving them around ,you will be pleased , as we are, that they are now in their designated place in our yard and garden.
Mike trundled the last barrow out this morning and I know we have moved at least 50 barrow loads but toward the end of the pile we began using all 3 carts that we have and I lost count. All I know it was a LOT. Mike our grandson , moved about 6 loads for us but even he found it heavy going and he's a pretty strong and fit guy. We took it easy because we had visions of heart attacks or strained backs if we tried to do too much at a time so I am very glad it is finished.

When we began

We now have lovely environmentally sound paths all over the place and my vegetable garden area looks very smart now. We even have a path to the Bridge to Nowhere.
We haven't had a good rainstorm since we put the paths down so we still have to wait and see if the paths all float away when it rains hard but I'll take a chance on that these days as rain is very sparse in Texas.
I have learned a good lesson.
If you ask for somebody for something , make sure you watch what you are given. Sometimes it's a lot more that you want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment