Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Rescued Violet


The Rescued Violet

I don't often go grocery shopping with Mike as he has shopping off to a fine art now and can go faster and is more successful at it than I am. And he likes it !! And I don't!!
Today I did go with him as there were some other places we needed to go.
I'm glad I did because as we went into Walmart , there by the cash out counter was a table of inside plants and right at the end a few very bedraggled and pathetic looking African violet plants. I love these plants. Actually I like all plants. So I went over to see them and right at the end of the table was a poor little pink/mauve one that was really suffering.

I guess no one had bothered to realize it needed a drink of water every so often and the poor thing was parched. I didn't really need another plant but I needed to rescue this one. So I picked it up , gave it to Mike and said , “Happy  Valentine's Day, just a few days late. Isn't it pretty.”.

At home I introduced it to the other African Violet I have which was once a little thing as well. With a good drink of water Violet soon was looking perky and enjoying her new life.
Another rescue story ending happily.

1 comment:

  1. African violets are lovely and so many colours, I think rescuing a
    plant is very noble, I've done exactly the same as you picking up
    plants that are in distress.trouble is I get over enthusiastic and
    tend to over water! So right now I could show you a Violet in
    need with very droopy leaves and looking sorry for herself!
    she is intensive care in our Parlour. Any ideas what I can do?

    ReplyDelete