Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Clean or Garden? That is the Question


Spring Clean or Garden? That is the Question


We had a good rain at the weekend and the ground is finally looking less like cement. The weather has warmed to 50 degrees and will climb to 70 by the afternoon. Blues skies, little wind, sunshine. Yes definitely a gardening day.
However, when I got myself all ready to go out clad in my new short gardening welly boots, and my junky jeans and a old sweater and gardening gloves and went into the kitchen , Mike had already decided this would be the day to clean out some of the cupboards in the kitchen, Not before time, I might add as when we moved in over 6 years ago, we just put things in the first cupboard we came to and they have basically stayed that way ever since. So Spring cleaning it was . You don't realize how much stuff you accumulate and actually don't use until you get it all out and look at it.

By lunch time we had managed to wash and arrange the stuff we would keep in a tidy manner in most, but not all the cupboards. We had also managed to actually threw away a large box of stuff we just don't use . That will be heading off to the Humane garage sale in a couple of weeks. We had to be really firm with ourselves to throw things away but it's for the best as we have a lot more room now.


So I had to do my gardening after lunch and a short nap, a read, a check of the computer, feeding the pets but I did manage to get a little done.
Tomorrow I will try again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Just to let you know about gardening, we have a nice layer of
    snow and minus seven! for us no choice but spring clean.
    70 degrees to me would be hat on Barbeque out and a white wine
    to celebrate. enjoy your garden looks like you are well on the
    way with planting! hope you will be rewarded with a nice gespatcho
    soup and some of your nice bread when you have lunch. 70degrees

    ReplyDelete