Monday, April 8, 2013

GREEN everywhere


GREEN everywhere


It seems that all of a sudden Texas greens up!! we go from a dull brownish landscape to a bright green one. It looks so pretty especially when here and there you can see a burst of color where one of the new flowers are poking through. My Irises are just about to make a great show IF the storm doesn't blow them away.

Have you ever looked closely at the various color greens. I find them the most difficult color to paint . I can never quite get the right tone. The green I make is always too crude, too bright or just too dull. I start with blue and yellow but it's never quite right.
That's why when I look outside at my yard in the Spring , I figure I'll never paint it as it is just too green.

1 comment:

  1. Green is a magic colour and I never get it right, but if you get the darks and lights correct Green doesn't seem to mind!
    In the last picture is it irisis that we can see?
    john

    ReplyDelete