Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Magnificent Larkspur


The Magnificent Larkspur

Photo by Mike


I just love the look of larkspur. It has such a country garden feel about it.
Last year I had a few that plants that were in a mixed packet of seeds that I put down but only a few came up . So in the fall just about November , I bought a large packet of Rocket larkspur and sprinkled them rather liberally over my main flower bed hoping at least ½ would do well.
Well they performed very well , except most of the seeds and therefore the plants, have migrated to the front of the beds so I have a big crop of gorgeous tall larkspurs coming up.
I don't mind .
I just love the vivid blues and purples white and pinks on this beautiful plant. 

1 comment:

  1. They are very beautiful flowers, we have tried here but never with any success, maybe it's us, as with clematis we can never succeed with that but neighbours do!
    john

    ReplyDelete