Monday, April 1, 2013

My Favorite Cook Book

Today I have been doing a lot of cooking,unusual for me but Mike went out looking for new cars today and I was the lunch cook.He had already selected the recipe for me to follow from one of the cook books he uses but it was a book I rarely use and so I had to keep stopping and looking very carefully to see if I was getting it correct.
Then this evening I wanted to make a dessert to take with me for  lunch tomorrow with the family. First I looked on the web at various pages to see if I could find something that would be suitable, I found a carrot cake. I love carrot cakes. However when I looked at the recipe it had a great many different ingredients in it and I have made lots of carrot cakes so I discarded that idea.I had thought if I found a recipe on the web I could use it on my tablet in the kitchen and be a very modern cook. Not this time.

I decided in the end to go back to one of my favorite cook books and you can see by the photo how well used it is. It is one of those self made books put out by various charity organizations, This one, Meals on Wheels ( Roanoke TX) cook book  was one I helped to make . I also knew many of the ladies who submitted the recipes so it is very special, Many of them have passed on by now.  The best thing is I knew which of these ladies were great cooks as I had eaten many of the dishes at the Senior Pot  luck lunches so I know which recipes are the very best in the book
So I found my usual carrot cake recipe.
Smells delicious!

Post script: wrote this on Saturday but didn't finish icing cake until Sunday.
Anyhow the cake was fine; Sticky and tasty at Carrot cake should be !!

1 comment:

  1. Bristol's motto. is Virtu et Industrial

    Every time I decide to bake that always comes into my mind.
    but, you certainly have had a busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete