Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring flowers

Spring flowers
Spring flowers What are they?


When we visited Fredericksburg last Fall we went to the Wild Seed farm   where they have acres of land that produce lots of Texas flowers and as it was the fall we bought some packages of wild seeds. I bought a large packet of larkspur and also a large packet of assorted wild flowers. The sometime in December I went around the yard sprinkling the seeds on bare spaces  but in drifts so if they actually grew in the Spring I might actually be able to find them in the grasses and leaves.
Well the larkspur definitely grew. They are everywhere. I think the seeds must have blown all over the place. There are no blooms as yet but they will be wonderful when they come into flower.

The mixed flowers have just started to bloom and they look so delicate and pretty. I wish I had bought more now as they have done so well given that I did NOTHING except sprinkle them on the ground. I let Mother Nature take over and she did well

No comments:

Post a Comment