Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Beauty of the Iris

The Beauty of the Iris
Photo by Mike


We have lots of Iris plants in our garden. Most of them were there before we bought the house and I do very little for the plants except rake out the leaves from around them in the Spring and occasionally in the summer give them a burst of water from the hose when it gets really dry.
Last year with all the plants even the ones I had recently replanted did nothing. No flowers at all.I wondered if what I had researched was true. irises only bloom once on each plant and you have to wait until the baby corms develop before you get new flowers.
Well this year all I can say is that the baby boom in Iris flowers is just getting underway here. The colors and flowers are just amazing.
All we have to hope for now is no storm coming through and blowing them all down before they flower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment