Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sundrops trailing in a Winecup


Sundrops trailing in a Winecup


Today was a lovely Spring day in Texas. The wind was blowing a bit but not too bad, blue skies and sunshine makes up for that. So off I went to one of the many plant sales held at this time of the year.
This was a sale that sells nothing but native plants that are native to this specific part of Texas where I live. It is run by a good organization of very knowledgeable people and they are all too willing to share their wisdom. So wandering up and down I bought about 4 different plants. One Sundrops is supposed to be a low growing perennial with showy yellow blossoms. I sure hope this one grows well.I need some color .
 Another was a trailing winecup and this is supposed to be a plant with beautiful red flowers. I can just visualize this beautiful display of red and yellow flowers with butterflies flying around. Maybe just a dream but a nice one
Every year I put in a few more plants  and I am always quite surprised at what returns after the winter. Equally surprising are the plants that not only return but want to take over the whole yard and because I just hate to pull up anything that is actually growing, I have quite a dilemma on my hands.
You see I am not a good gardener like my 2 sisters are. I am a pottering gardener. I love to get out on a nice day and just potter around, digging here and there without too much planning ahead. I start and dig up a plant to put somewhere else only to find there's too much in there and then I don't know what to do with it. I am also very capricious because if it looks like it will get too hot , dreary or even cold outside, forget the gardening , I'll go and paint instead or read a book.
A true gardener would battle on whatever the weather.
Anyhow please keep reading my plog and if and when my new plants flower , I'll probably do a blog with a picture of them. Of course if it turns to summer heat too fast, it might just be a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment