Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back to Baking Bread

Back to Baking Bread


I found this really nice book at a book sale recently , “The Bread machine Book” subtitled over 100 recipes for easy to make spectacular breads. Many of the breads I have made in my old bread machine have been easy to make But none I would consider “spectacular” so today I thought I would try one of the recipes.
Photo in the book

I chose Coconut Banana Bran Bread. The book says about it
This is a dense hearty bread ( true) only slightly sweet ( true only uses honey as a sweetener).It is fragrant with tropical flavors ( banana,coconut) . Makes excellent toast.

How mine turned out


Well despite using other fancy ingredients, eggs , butter and bran , I can't say I really enjoyed the look or taste of this bread. We ate it warm with more butter and jam and marmalade  so we ate it and will finish it tomorrow perhaps for toast but spectacular this one is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment