Thursday, November 21, 2013

I love the color

I love the color
Photo by Mike

Sometimes when I see something in nature I am intrigued by the overall setting, the intricate way it is formed or sometimes just by the color.

This was the way with this set of toadstools or maybe mushrooms we had growing in our yard on some old decaying tree stumps. Mike took some really lovely photos and what makes them really stand out is the beautiful orange color.
    
Photo by Mike

I thought I might try to paint them and decided that I would do them in a Georgia O'Keefe style- very large and very simple ,almost abstract form It would be a change and that's what I needed to do.

So I got the largest piece of paper I had , an 18” by 23” watercolor paper and set to. Water color paint may not have been such a good idea for this subject but it was fun to do. It may have added more impact with acrylic or oil paint.


This is the result.

Not sure I like the result but I do like the color.

1 comment:

  1. Love this little painting, mushrooms are for me go with fairy tales,
    so many colours too. facinating things love them breakfast on a Sunday ( the ones you can eat),

    ReplyDelete