Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cooking Day

Cooking Day 
When the weather turns colder My thoughts turn to cooking!!
About 2 weeks ago I had bought apples and treacle meaning to actually make an apple pie and also a treacle pudding.

Apple pie

 2 weeks later both were still in the cupboard. So today I got to it, and actually made the apple pie. I make an awful mess when I make pastry as anyone will tell you, with flour and implements all over the place. So today I found a video of making pastry in a food processor and decided to do it this way. Not difficult and more control. The pastry tasted just fine but did I make a mess? Yes. I still had flour everywhere especially as my new bag of flour just wouldn't all go in my flour bin and my trying to squash it in didn't actually work. Still I cleared it all up and the apple pie smelled and tasted great especially with a big dollop of ice cream.

Cauliflower Cheese

Mike, not to be outdone, had found a recipe for cauliflower cheese with ham which he made. It was a different recipe from the one he usually uses. He wanted me to say which recipe was best but until I have a taste test with both on the same day, I don't think I want to choose. This recipe today was very nice.

No time or room left in our stomachs to make and eat a treacle pudding, I'll do that on another cold day.

1 comment: