Friday, November 15, 2013

Old Music - "Oklahoma"




Tonight on my PBS station there is a showing on Great Performances of Oklahoma  I remember seeing this when it first came out as a film and I was enchanted with the musical. Musicals as they were called were very popular then as both stage shows and films and it was a great treat to see either.I lived in England at the time with never a thought that one day I would see Oklahoma.


Even now when we drive through there , it's only about an hour drive from where we live, the tunes come rushing through my head. I'm glad I'm old enough to remember them.
Here is the youtube version of the song sung by an old favorite Gordon Macrae
and Shirley Jones and cast; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbrnXl2gO_k
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Ah such happy memories, wonderful songs and brilliant singers, I can actually understand the lyrics!
    John

    ReplyDelete