Monday, December 2, 2013

Checking out the Christmas Cards

Checking out the Christmas Cards


Today we actually got to it and found our lists and excess new Christmas cards from last year and Mike set to to make his yearly poem and I decided which photo to add to our Christmas newsletter.

This is early this year as we tend to procrastinate over this job but today we received the first Christmas card in the mail from my school girl friend in England so that spurred us on. It's always lovely to get news from people who are old friends.

As I was finding the new cards in the cupboard I pulled out my huge paper bag of old cards. I am one of those people who have immense difficulty in throwing out old Christmas and greeting cards and over the years they have built up into a big pile. Some Christmas cards are just so lovely I just can't throw them in the garbage or even put them in recycling. One day I will think of something spectacular to do with them all but I thought it would be nice to show you some we have had over the years during this Christmas season.


Snowmen cards of all sizes and shapes; funny , beautiful, large, small appear which is strange as they really have nothing to do with Christmas. I guess we thing of the weather at Christmas and forget in lots of places the weather has no snow or snowmen but when did you see a bathing beauty or a seascape on a Christmas card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment