Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Teddies celebrate Christmas

The Teddies celebrate Christmas


I don't collect Teddy bears although I know a lot of people do. 
Who can resist the soft cuddly bear with soft button eyes?

This little trio who sit on my bookshelf get moved to a place of honor at Christmas because they remind us of 4 people who are special to us.
Two of those people have since passed on and the other two are our Granddaughters, Chrissy and Ashleye.
The big bear in the middle was given to us by Bob Billman ,an old and good friend. We jokingly called him the honey man because he worked for SueBee Honey co. Honey bear is wearing his bee sweater and hat complete with antenna.

The little white bear has a heart that used to say I love you when pressed , Sadly the battery has worn out but we know the sentiment is still true. 
The little pink bear has angel wings and a pretty pink rose and is very sweet. Both these little bears were given to their Great Grandmother Nanny Bond by Chrissy and Ashleye .These little bears sat with Nanny Bond and kept her company until she died and she loved them very much.

So then they came to live with  Honey bear and us  and now at Christmas we remember.

This is what Christmas is all about.



1 comment:

  1. I can't keep catch up with you! You are definitely a Christmas person, momento's Christmas Cards etc.
    mind you it"s good to have them to go Back in time and enjoy remembering. I made the three bears
    which I keep upstairs in a rocking chair. Teddy bears give a good feeling even if I am over a certain age!
    I swear when I pass by they look at me, so I place them in different angles just so they have a change
    of scenery, nuts, I know but it makes me feel good. Our secret John doesn't know!

    ReplyDelete