Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homemade Christmas cards
card by Sharon

This year I had every intention of making my own homemade Christmas cards. I even went out and bought the blank cards in multiple colors with matching envelopes. Then I started thinking about what I would paint or draw of stick on the cards. I thought I might get some inspiration by checking through my piles of old cards and that's how the idea went adrift. Somehow or other the time went by and before I knew it the deadline for writing and mailing was there. Too late again.
Just no excuse really.
I especially like it when we receive cards from people that have made the cards themselves. In fact I count on certain people to send those each year and look forward to seeing their new card each year.

Sharon in England always does a nice painting or drawing of an English scene and they are really lovely.
Another friend Wendy who lives in Canada send a card that she has painted and it's usually something she has been working on that year.

Wendy's painting on card

Another friend Wendy makes a  print collage. ( Wendys must be very creative!!).

Wendy's card

We love to see all our cards but these are special and we thank the people who take the time to remember us this way.

Next year I'll start thinking about making cards in July and then I might actually do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment