Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Card scenes, Landscapes

Christmas Card scenes, Landscapes

These are 2 other cards I couldn't bear to throw away. I find them just lovely and wish I could paint just like both the artists who made them.
This card photo is St Pauls in the Snow by Macneil sold to benefit the Hospice of St Francis.
I often get cards sent to me about London as that is the area from which we originally came before we left for Canada. The area has changed a great deal since we left but it is such a great city and has such lovely places to visit that 
anything that reminds me of it is just wonderful
This photo is Winter's Day by Clive Madgwick and was sold as a fundraiser for the Ian Rennie Hospice at Home to support the work of their nursing home.

The second photo is of the English countryside in Winter and reminds me so much of the beautiful country walks we went on in the winter when I was growing up. It didn't matter if it was cold or wet as it often was, going out for a walk in the countryside was very popular and this photo reminds me of the pleasure of those walks.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures, and I too would love to paint like that!
    John

    ReplyDelete