Monday, December 30, 2013

Trapeze by Simon Mawer

Trapeze by Simon Mawer

Yet another book I have read at some point during the blogging time when I was really into the Christmas and Thanksgiving season.
It was a while back I read it but when I checked my note on it, I remember it well.It was a “good read”
It is the story of a young English girl Marion who has been brought up in Paris. When World War 2. erupts she is 19 year old and volunteers to help in the war effort. As she has a good command of French and French customs she is trained to become a liaison in the SOE , Special Operations Executive to the French resistance movement. It details her training and her parachute jumps into France and her subsequent experiences.

It is a very interesting book and is based on the actual SOE and the courageous volunteers who served in it.

PS I have a sneeky feeling I have written a blog about this book already but never mind.

1 comment:

  1. I thought John read a lot of books but I think you beat him !!!
    I must get some glasses!

    ReplyDelete