Sunday, December 15, 2013

Paint challenge: Wine glass and Rose

Paint challenge: Wine glass and Rose
my painting in watercolor 7" by 7"

This month's paint challenge on Paint and Draw together I found very difficult not especially because of the wine glass or the rose but painting them with a very dark background was the big problem. This is very true if you are using watercolor paints. To get a dark tone , multiple washes have to be made.

I cheated a little because I left a space for the rose and masked the very white places on the wine glass so the final painting was okay but not one of my best. I do admire the other artists who did great paintings.
the challenge photo

1 comment:

  1. Well this painting must have taken some work, water colours are for me difficult at the best of times
    your painting has turned out really well, certainly captured a feeling with it, congrats

    ReplyDelete