Sunday, May 12, 2013

A memory of my Mum on Mother's day


A Memory of my Mum on Mother's day.


When your mother has already passed on, Mother's Day becomes a day to look back and remember. It's hard not to do when all around are Mother's Day cards or stories about mothers. I am no different. Mum ( Flo) is on my mind today.
My Mum was a woman you had to meet to appreciate. She was a modern woman in a changing time who lived through 2 World Wars with all the difficulties and frustrations of those times. She loved to go to new places, She fearlessly loved to try new things. She wasn't afraid to stand up for her children but never became a problem by over- mothering as some ladies tend to do. She never smothered us and left us to make our own decisions. That taught  us to be  thoughtful and strong, wise and independent as she was herself.
She made us laugh without being aware that she was doing so. She was always willing to do anything she could to help you. She was very proud of all her 3 daughters .
 So on this Mother's Day I found a song on You tube to share that she really loved. It was the song played during football (soccer} games and for my Mum there was nothing so good as watching Football and cheering on her team.
So Mum this song is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQA72UAE7Us with singer Norwegian tenor, Marius Roth Christensen sing You'll Never Walk Alone froma Norwegian Show called Beat For Beat with lyrics added




1 comment:

  1. That made me shed a tear,you took me back to many memories
    of my mother. a lovely piece Shirley makes you think

    ReplyDelete